St Peter’s Health Centre III BusiboHealth Centre III, Lwengo
BRIEF HISTORY OF THE UNIT
St.Peter’s Health centre III Busibo is located in Lwengo District Kyazanga Sub-county, Katuulo Parish, and Village Busibo. It is located around 13 KM away from Kyazanga along Bijjaba road.
The health unit started operating in October 2012.It was founded by Masaka Diocese with support from Cotton on Foundation, an international Development Organisation based in Australia The health centre was established to serve the following objectives:
- To prevent Maternal, infant and child morbidity and Mortality through facility and Outreach based health service provision.
- To improve the quality in the management of common ailments; including infectious and non-infectious diseases and injuries.
- Increase the utilization of health services with major focus on Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health services’.
- Increase access to specialized services like (Dental, ENT and Eye) services among the rural communities.
- To strengthen nutrition program at facility and community level
- To strengthen Health education and health promotion services
OVERVIEW OF DEVELOPMENT
The health centre started with 2 numbers of qualified staff but at the moment it is has the following cadres; Clinical officer 2, midwife 1, enrolled comprehensive nurses 2, Laboratory assistant 1, Records assistant 1 and an accountant fully qualified and appointed on their respective jobs.
The community outreaches are done on weekly basis in collaboration with VHTS. The outreaches are to done to improve service delivery and also to do community engagement.
OWNERSHIP OF THE UNIT
The unit is owned by the Registered Trustees of Masaka Diocese.
The Health Centre currently maintains 6 active partnerships with the following entities:-
- Cotton On Foundation
- Micro finance partners for Africa
- Joint Medical Store.
- Life Net international
- Uganda Catholic Medical Bureau
ST PETER’S HEALTH CENTRE III BUSIBO
P.0 BOX 353 MASAKA
KYAZANGA – LWENGO
TEL: 0704-456207, 0777-027194
“Your health is our concern”
The catchment population of the area is 10,416. It consists of 2 parishes which are Bijjaba and Katuulo parish. It is composed of 14 villages hereby listed below
- Lubaale A and B
- Busibo A, B,C
- Lwensambya A and B
The unit provides a variety of services among which are;
- Ultra sound scan services
- Specialized services like dental
- HIV Testing and Counselling
A variety of laboratory services are provided among them are;
- Stool analysis
- Sputum analysis
- Blood grouping
St Peters Busibo HC III (BHC), to be the leading provider of quality and accessible health care services in Lwengo district.
In imitation of Christ and his deeds, to provide quality, affordable, accessible services.
LIST OF HUMC MEMBERS AND THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES
|2||Ms. Namukisa Gorreti||Disciplinary||0773-996740|
|3||Fr. Nsamba Gonzaga||Parish Priest||0776-673757|
|4||Ms. Nakiyimba Agnes||Secretary||0777-027194|
|5||Mrs. Josephine Mugema||Finance||0782-662881|
|6||Mr. Muyanja Elemegio||Member||0787-466876|
|7||Mr. Jjumba Terensio||Member||0777-657457|
|8||Mr. Tumusiime Deus||Member||0779-134577|