St George Makukuulu Health Centre IIIHealth Centre III, in Makukuulu Parish, Kitanda Sub County and Bukomansimbi District
BACK GROUND INFORMATION
St George Makukuulu Health Centre is the private not for profit [PNFP] Health facility under the jurisdiction of Masaka Diocese. It is located in Makukuulu Parish, Kitanda Sub County and Bukomansimbi District. It is approximately 60km away from Masaka town.
Makukuulu Health Centre was started way back in 1980 considering the need to improve on accessibility to Health Services mainly to the Community of Makukuulu and its neighborhood. The effort and initiative to build the unit was from Makukuulu Catholic parish who provided bricks, Sand and labour.
Makukuulu Health Centre serves three Parishes i.e. Makukuulu, Gayaza and Bukango. It has an overall Population of about 17,700 people.
The Health Unit offers a range of services which include:
- Out Patient Services.
- In Patient Services.
- Maternity Services-Antenatal Care, Deliveries and Postnatal Care.
- Laboratory Services.
- ART Services where clients are initiated on Chronic Care for HIV/AIDS.
- Outreach Programs especially for immunization.
- Nutritional Screening and Support for Children under 5 years.
- School Health, Health sensitization and Health Education in Communities
Health Unit was given a grant from MICRO FINANCING PARTNERS IN AFRICA of 5000USD to construct rental houses in order to support the health centre and mothers to have safe births.